Sunday, October 9, 2011

Cilo bicycle of 1983

Vintage road bike from ebay auction:
 




 
This bike was handbuilt in Switzerland by Cilo Swiss. It was probably one of there more mid range bikes as it doesn't feature the Columbus tubing that was used on their nicer models. It is equipped with a full Shimano 600 component group, so it's definitely not an entry level model.  Feature "HT Tubes".  The bike has a beautiful blue finish accentuated with nice lug work, and a high polish chromed fork.  The Shimano components all have a matching date code of 1983, making it the bike either a 1983 or 1984 Cilo.
 
Measurements:
58cm Top Tube (center to center) 
59cm Seat Tube (center to center)
 
Specifications:
Suede Leather Italian Saddle
SR Laprade Seatpost
Shimano 600EX Sealed Mechanism Headset
Unknown Stem (100mm)
Kusuki Japan Handlebars (cm center to center)
Shimano 600EX Brake Calipers
Shimano 600EX Friction Shifters
Shimano 600EX Front Derailleur
Shimano 600EX Rear Derailleur
Shimano 600 Uniglide 6 speed Cassette.
Shimano 600EX Crankset
Shimano 600EX Brake Levers 
Shimano 600EX hubs laced to Mavic Module "E" rims (700c Clincher)

3 comments:

  1. Hello,
    My buddy gave me his old Cilo road bike from the early 80's and I just got it out of the bike shop after being restored. If I send you some pictures of it can you tell me a little more of what I already know?
    Thank you for any input you may have.
    Regards
    Fred Lopez

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bike! And I have one just like it. Great classic. Mine has turned into my daily ride. Reminds me of my youth and I get a thumbs up when I ride through town. I have a top of the line Giant carbon fiber all dura-ace that is what I ride when I want to push but the classic cilo is way cooler. I don't see these as collector's investment rather a rider's pleasure bike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some truly excellent articles on this internet site , thankyou for contribution. carbon mtb rim

    ReplyDelete